Thursday, August 1, 2013

Technology Use VS Student Growth and Achievement

Throughout this summer, I've grown very excited about the many technological advances I have discovered through conferences and web browsing .   I have attended many conferences and search on the Internet trying to find the perfect new technology to bring to my classroom. I am fortunate to have access to an iPad to use next year and E-instructions Mobi's; however I find myself spinning my wheels hours and hours researching and learning about other tools I can use in my classroom this year . Today I realize I need to focus on content and technology will take care of itself. My new focus is on student achievement using the technology to bring  the lessons to life.

 

There's only a few more days left before I will be back in school so today I am focusing on how the content is to be presented or introduced in order to achieve my goal. Not to say that I have given up on technology but I will incorporate it with my focus  on achievement .  How can I better motivate the child to learn with or without technology? Does it really matter what tools I use to get this across? Practice is essential, projects are crucial and technology is the vehicle to make learning engaging.

 

I am attaching a document with the technology resources I plan to use primarily in class next year. I may add to them or take away but will commit not to loose my focus.  It is not about the mere tools in the toolkit, but the ability to get the job done.  

 My perception has changed!! Allow students to build and let them choose the tools.

  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment